You can help Leadership Excellence (LE) in countless ways. We welcome donations of money, supplies, volunteers and support.
Mail Your Donation
Please send a check payable to “Leadership Excellence” to:
1714 Franklin St. #100-321
Oakland, CA 94612
With a donation of stock, you can count its fair market value as a charitable contribution (tax deductible) and avoid having to pay the capital gains taxes that you would pay if you sold the stock. To make a stock donation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership Excellence is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations made to Leadership Excellence are tax deductible. Upon receipt of your donation, we will send you a letter for your records and taxes. Thank you for your support!
Company matching gift programs can double the value of your gift, raising thousands of dollars for LE. Donors should apply for matching funds at the time the gift is made. To check if your employer supports a matching gift program, contact your community relations coordinator.
Planned gifts are charitable gifts made through estate plans. They embrace a wide spectrum of donative strategies beyond the always welcome gifts of cash. Planned giving involves making gifts that satisfy a donor’s charitable intent, minimize taxes, and maximize legacies to loved ones.
Every dollar you give has an impact and demonstrates your support of our programs.
- Warrior– up to $99
- Sage – $100 to $499
- Nation Builder– $500 to $1,499
- Council of Elders – $1,500 and more
Your donation can provide books or other resources, or even send a youth to camp. Below are examples of how much is needed to support specific LE activities.
- Your $250 donation will pay for 10 books for Oakland Freedom School children.
- Your $500 donation will send one youth to Camp Akili.
In Kind Donations
- Supplies: Do you have resources you could donate, such as books, gifts cards or items for raffles? Please donate them to LE. Do you work for a company that provides resources that we could use in our programs? Tell your company about LE and the work we do for our community’s youth.
- Volunteer: We depend on the generosity of volunteers for several of our programs. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, call 510-267-9770.
- Support: Your support at LE’s community events, fundraisers, or even as you talks to your friends and family means a lot to our youth. Being involved makes a difference!